Berlin - What to do?

Caporegime
Hope your enjoying the trip, I was there back in July for a week, I can recommend taking a trip up to the top of the Park Inn in Alexanderplatz for sunset, great view from up there, a few Euro to get in and you can buy a beer and watch the city go by and look at the TV Tower!

Fernsehturn Berlin from the Park Inn by Chris Mitchell, on Flickr

It says from the Park Inn, I guess that viewpoint is only possible if you stay there?

I'm going there soon, in the middle of making my itinerary.

Caporegime
Can someone recommend places to eat?

4 nights, so 4 different evening meals, casual dining, nothing too expensive, £20 per head perhaps for 2. Nothing that need to dress up for, going to be walking around in T-shirts, Jeans and trainers.

Also, what is the typical Germany breakfast? I don’t think I opted for the breakfast option at the hotel so will need to find something to eat in the morning.

Reading this thread is seems Checkpoint Charlie is one to miss, but it seems there are a lot of museums to visit, enough for a week.

Nice thread bump @Raymond Lin

I didn’t want to start a new one.

Man of Honour
German breakfasts tend to be bread, deli meat, and various spreads and maybe a bit of fruit. Personally, unless I'm staying with family over there, I tend to skip breakfast and opt for a heavy lunch and dinner instead.

Man of Honour
OP
It says from the Park Inn, I guess that viewpoint is only possible if you stay there?

Don't know but right at the base of it is a museum where you can see real bodies 'plasticized', forgot the guys name but he had a 6 part series on our TV late at night.

Reading this thread is seems Checkpoint Charlie is one to miss,

However right next to Checkpoint Charlie is an open museum that we spent quite a while reading all the stuff.

We bought tickets for the Hop On Hop Off buses (all 3 routes) which was excellent.

Man of Honour

I'm going there soon, in the middle of making my itinerary.

Raymond, sorry didn't see this until now - you can get access, just walk into the Park Inn and take the lift to the top, there's a small entry fee to the viewpoint but you can buy a beer up there and enjoy the view!

Caporegime
Hope your enjoying the trip, I was there back in July for a week, I can recommend taking a trip up to the top of the Park Inn in Alexanderplatz for sunset, great view from up there, a few Euro to get in and you can buy a beer and watch the city go by and look at the TV Tower!

Fernsehturn Berlin from the Park Inn by Chris Mitchell, on Flickr

I’m here now and realise to get that photo I’ll need a 16mm or may be 14mm...only have 35mm on me.

Man of Honour
I think I have enough for a stitched pano but this is as wide as I can get with a 35mm. Also without a tripod it was HARD to get photos, especially with that wire netting in front.

f57SCZK.jpg

Looks good! Your right though that wire netting was a pain as well as the fact that the viewing “ledge” was almost a little too far back from the edge of the building!

Back
Top Bottom