Best 16/10mm clear soft tubing?

Associate
Hi all,

Taking my first foray into custom watercooling soon (waiting for main components to arrive from overseas) - doing soft tubing for ease of installation and ideally would like to go clear tubing.

I've read that some clear tubing clouds up very quickly, however some manufacturers claim theirs does not do this. Any recommendations for clear tubing in 16/10mm size?

Associate
OP
Was quite liking the idea of red liquid as it'll match things on the case, for every account of "my clear tubing has lasted 2 years with no clouding" there's 5 saying the same stuff clouded within a week!

Can you get coloured soft tubing that's as reliable as the ZMT stuff? Just not too into the matt black tubing.

Associate
OP
Highly unlikely to change the colour unless I don't like it for some reason, but black and red as a theme works so I doubt I'll dislike it!

I'm a week in to a build with mayhems x1 blood red. I'll let you know if it clouds by next weekend ;)

20-50 days for the parts to arrive so plenty of time :D I'll bump when the stuff gets here and I'm ordering the tubing etc.

Associate
OP
What case are you building in, and what graphics card and processor will you be cooling? I'm using the same Barrow pump/res/block combo so I'll be pleased to see another for comparisons - I love mine!

All the bits in the sig.

Put it together yesterday. I should have measured things as the routing I had in my head didn't really work due to how close everything was... So at the moment the fittings (double stacked 45 degree rotating fittings for example!) and routing aren't the most efficient possible. Still, its all working and temps are good! Went for Mayhems 16/10 in the end.

The Bykski waterblock is very nice. Machining of the heatsink part is visually good, the cuts on the acrylic are clean, the G1/4 taps are clean. Overall, very nice quality. The instructions were non existant though, and the fasteners were not labelled. I worked it out but it was a bit trial and error. Unfortunately the very nice Sapphire backplate doesn't fit with the waterblock.

The pump mounting system isn't the best but it is functional. As expected filling and bleeding was tedious due to the reservoir being so small. I've got most of the air out not but it needs a bit more bleeding as I can hear some air moving around if I run the pump at full speed. At ~2500RPM its very quiet though.

Anyway, pictures:

0z41jRw.jpg

DJtpySk.jpg

ltSj3CV.jpg

IuD18mr.jpg

Back
Top Bottom