Best 16.7 Mil colours LCD?

Associate
Im look to buy a new LCD cause im selling my ACER AL1721 to my bro for £100. Its the same panel as the old Hyundia Q17 - 20ms 16.7 Million colour screen I watch some movies and play some games mainly counterstrike and UT Onslaught.

Im looking for the best 16.7 colour screen but im not sure if to go with a 17" or 19" or 20"+
Does anyone know the best in all size categories (no preference to widescreen or 4:3) that gives good colour for movies, but also good enough for games.

Any help with my decision with be appreciated.

Xbit labs response testing for my AL1721
a21-grey.gif

Man of Honour
welcome to the forums thadd :)

You will have difficulty finding any 16.7 million colour (8 bit) screens int he 17" range as they are pretty much exclusively TN Film based. Indeed, the 20ms Hydis panel used in the Q17 and AL1712 is a TN panel as well and so can only display 16.2 million colours, and even that is using FRC (dithering). Some places might list it as 16.7million, but they are wrong to be frank :p

There's a fair amount of new screens to choose from built on PVA, MVA and even IPS panel technology. The Viewsonic VP930 is an excellent choice in the 19" range, with models like the Belinea 102035W, NEC LCD20WGX2 and Philips 200w6CS being popular right now in the 20" market. A 20" WS format might be nice for movie watching, and these modern screens offer good responsiveness in games thanks to overdrive. Might be worth having a look at the 20" comparison / round up here if you're intersted in a 20" screen.

Back
Top Bottom