Best 19" currenlty?

OSB

OSB

Associate
Looking at replacing my old CRT with a lush new flat panel and was wondereing which is the best 19" out there. WIll be used for Games, films and office tasks.

Thanks

Oli

Man of Honour
the Viewsonic VP930 is arguably the best all round 19" monitor in the market, but comes at a price. If you're looking for more of a budget £200 - 250 model then the Samsung 913N, Acer AL1916W and Neovo F419 are all very popular right now. Gaming wise if you want a nice 19" model then the Viewsonic VX922 is one of the best in the market for responsiveness, and again on more of a budget the 3 listed above and also the Samsung 930BF are good choices.

Soldato
I have had a Samsung 930BF for 5 months or so & have been more than happy with it ;) Very good monitor,great for gaming as well & within your budget

Rob

OSB

OSB

Associate
OP
I see there are also a 940BF and a 960BF avaliable, i can't see any major differences between the three, are there any?

OSB

OSB

Associate
OP
Having looked around, and your site has proved very useful Baddass, the Viewsonic VP930 looks to be pretty damn good. However i hav seen that the Viewsonic VX2025 20" Widescreen is only £6 more! Thats a whole lot more screen for not a lot more money, so i have to ask, are there any problems with the VX2025 over the 930? IF they are of same standard i will probs go with the bigger one obviously, however if there are performance issues i am happy with the 930.

Thank for the help

Oli

Associate
I missed that one thanks OSB
Viewsonic VX2025 20" Widescreen
Viewing Angle 176° horizontal, 176° vertical
800:1 Contrast Ratio
Is the panel the same as the Viewsonic VP930 a P-MVA panel?
wish it was all silver still you can’t have everything.

Man of Honour
the 960BF uses the exact same 4ms Samsung TN Film panel as the 930Bf does, it's just a different design with more ergonomics adjustments available. The 960BF is just an extension of the 930BF with a (reported) 2ms G2G response time instead. At the end of the day i think it's a large chunk or marketing with that one, trying to keep up with other manufacturers. The panel is essentially the same, maybe they managed to boost the overdrive a little to get a faster transitions, but at the end of the day i doubt you could tell much, if any difference at all between its performance and the 4ms versions.

The VX2025WM's panel is essentially a scaled up version of the VP930's, yes. Both are using AU Optronics P-MVA panels, but obviously of difference matrix size. The reason the VP930 is coparatively more expensive is that it's part of Viewsonic's "premium" series and has far more functionality than their VX series. It also has their full dead pixel policy as well, whereas the VX series only offers cover for fully dead pixels and not dead subpixels.

Soldato
Thanks for the advice Badass. Should be with me Tues morning, along with a freeview TV card. :)

My 3 year old unbranded 15" LCD is crying "sell me". Don't even know the response time. Probibly around the 30ms mark :p

Might write a small article comparing the two actually once i get it. :)

Associate
Thanks form me as well Baddass it looks like I'm swinging back to the VP930 again, what ever make or model I look at I'm back to where I started the VP930

Associate
You won't go far wrong with the VP930, I purchased one last week and it's an absolutely stunning monitor, I use it mainly for editing photos and the colours are superb.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom