• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Best AGP GFX card for under £150

Associate
HI there just wondering if you guys could assist me, as the subject sugests which is the best AGP graphics card i could buy for under the £150 mark. I dont mind wether its new or 2nd hand, as to be frank anythings gotta be better than my 128 Radeon Sapphire 9200 SE for playing CS:Source on :)

Thanks for any feedback

Man of Honour
If you don't mind buying secondhand I'd consider a 6800gt/ultra or an X800XT as both are not much slower than the 7600gt(as in it is really marginal) but they will cost you somewhere in the region of ~£70-80 which is quite a hefty saving.

Soldato
The best AGP card for under £150 is the 7600 GT. It's a good bit quicker than the other cards mentioned and you get a warranty (although only 12 months). Plus it uses around half the power of a 6800 GT/Ultra, so it's unlikely to need a new PSU. Wouldn't go for the X800XT due to lack of ps3.0 support and they use even more power.

I bought a 7600 GT AGP for my dads PC, but to be fair I don't think I would have done at £140 + £10 delivery. Doesn't look such a good deal at that price.

Back
Top Bottom