Best AIO CPU Cooler?

Associate
OP
At this time I think Swiftech is the best AIO made. If Alphacool had a better rep their AIOs may be a good option, but after hearing some of the horror stories some owners went through I am not suggesting them other than using be quiet! Silent Loop because I know be quiet! has good customer support.

Ok cool, i really appreciate the input and i'll have a good think.

Associate
This is true, never really thought about it to be honest. Ok, you have my attention on this, If i'm to get a non CLC cooler. Where the best place to start and recommendations?
The idea that you need to change or top up the coolant after a year is nonsense. How often do you top up a new car with fluid or change it.

Also even though some of these units have fill ports they are not exactly easy to use. I quite fancy the be quiet 360 AIO but my cryorig A40 ultimate does a really good job at keeping my ryzen chips under control and with very little noise.

Associate
OP
The idea that you need to change or top up the coolant after a year is nonsense. How often do you top up a new car with fluid or change it.

Also even though some of these units have fill ports they are not exactly easy to use. I quite fancy the be quiet 360 AIO but my cryorig A40 ultimate does a really good job at keeping my ryzen chips under control and with very little noise.

True, but as they do get older you do have to start to maintain it and service them annually :). To be honest I've always stuck to just CLC and every few years when they die I get a new one. Was just interested what was the best coolers going just now.

Never really been into customer loops or even non CLC but starting to look into them.

What cooler you rocking?

Associate
Cryorig A40 ultimate. It’s a 240x37.5 mm asetek gen 4 unit. I wouldn’t bother with any of the newer 360 units at they are way overpriced. Most of the aios will be very similar in their ability to cool. I recommend looking at noise normalised results though as no one actively runs their fans at full speed unless they are trying for oc records.

Soldato
If there was no need for a fill cap on a car radiator why do they have one? Reason is because there is coolant loose same as engines use a little oil between oil changes .. and automotive coolant should be changed /refurbished every couple of years too, same as liquid cooling in computers.

I have Cryorig A80 which has same pump ans A40. Only difference is fan and radiator size. Pump noise is reason I took it out of my system after testing. While it's not very loud at idle it was the loudest part of my systems. Some people don't mind the pump sound, some can't stand it .. I'm one of the latter. Baden, if you want a Cryorig CLC drop me a note. It is really a CLC, sub-group of AIO and pump is not very quiet and only flows about as much coolant and drunk can urinate. If you are not going to be doing serious overclocking CLCs are okay.

I've been tracking CLC users for years and have found a definite correlation between CLC users with high heat overclocked CPUs having problems after about 1.5-2 years of use. That is when they start hearing pump noises like air moving through system and then a month or so later pump fails.

Back
Top Bottom