Best air cooler for Ryzen

Soldato
As title, what is generally considered the best air cooler for AM4? I have a Cryorig H7 - how would that cope? I'm happy to purchase something better if the H7 isn't up to it, but not looking to spend for the sake of it. :)

Soldato
OP
I'm looking to get a 3800x and would like to get the most from it. I can take the fan curve to maximum aggression i.e. all the way to 100% when required. Actually, I really should have mentioned that in the OP. So the question is really:

Will an H7 with dual fans at 100% (when required) be enough to get the most from a 3800x, or should I look to buy something else to run under similar conditions?

Soldato
OP
I've got the H7 installed and it's fine at stock, however I want to see how it performs with PBO enabled. What's the best test for realistic heat, not a synthetic torture test, just a real world test? Handbrake a large movie file?

Also, I'm assuming peak temperature should be around 80C?

Soldato
OP
Wow, 20C lower with a loss of 100-200MHz... Great thermal gain for minimal performance loss. A bit of a no brainer, TBH.

It'll be interesting to see the new Ryzen performance and thermals. Not long to go now. :)

Back
Top Bottom