Best antivirus?

Associate
Yep, Avira AntiVir is very good. It beat AVG, Avast and NOD32 in recent detection tests (AV-Comparatives.org) and it is very light on resources.
Avira classic does not scan emails though, but this isn't a huge problem. The Classic and Premium also does not have a web scanner. But the Classic is FREE and the Premium is just £12.95 (you can get a 3 month free trial for it too).

Another good AV is Kaspersky. It has performed very well in tests and has excellent reviews. I am currently using the trial and will probably end up buying it because it is so damn cheap right now. They have a sale on right now and their antivirus can be got for just £8.40. I was expecting it to eat up loads of resources but it is actually pretty light on my PC.
I've installed it but I can't read german. Is there anyway to set it to english? :o

Soldato
Thanks for all the replys guys, I'll check out Avira AntiVir :).

Whilst I'm in this thread, any point me having a software firewall when my router is supposed to have a hardware firewall?

If you want to take control of applications etc that try and connect to the Internet and or 'inject' or update items already on your machine then I would give Comodo a try...

http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/

that too is free :)

Man of Honour
shiledsup.jpg

That look ok? :D

You can't beat a good port probing! :D

Man of Honour
Hows that AntiVir at updating now, i used it about a year or so ago, but it stopped updating, would never connect so i just got shot, and now using AVG 7.5.

Really? that's worrying I have done the opposite.....for those that can get updates how often is the program doing this? I have had only one update since I installed it (recently, I think last week?).

Back
Top Bottom