Best antivirus?

Soldato
Hows that AntiVir at updating now, i used it about a year or so ago, but it stopped updating, would never connect so i just got shot, and now using AVG 7.5.

I think the slow updates have been fixed. I never had any problems and it usually took less than 10 secs to update.
As for the frequency of the updates, they are every 24 hours on the Classic version (you can change update options in the configuration). I used the Premium version for a while and it updated 3-5 times a day.

Soldato
I have used AVG, Avast, AntiVir, Norton (when I was young :o) and NOD32. NOD32 wins. :)

And for having a software firewall when you have a hardware firewall? If you want to control programs connecting out then it is worth it, otherwise the hardware firewall will be more than good enough. :)

Associate
I'm a proffesional inn IT and have had many dealing with many home and corporate AV solutions, I personally use nod32 and would recommend it to anyone, unfortunatley its not free, but I feel the price tag is warented. Just don't go down the symantec / norton route.

Soldato
I'm a Kaspersky and NOD32 user and I give Kaspersky the award for being the best. NOD32 is a fantastic AV but Kaspersky is in a different league. Apart from it beating NOD most months in tests (before the latest NOD32 release, haven't seen new test results), Kaspersky's scanning technology is much better.

NOD32 gets noticed for its scanning speed but that has led to a few problems.

The main factor I like about Kaspersky is the fact that its atleast 6 months more advanced than NOD32.

Look at NOD32's latestest release. You can now do this and that with it but you look at Kaspersky and think, they had that implemented in their release like 6 months ago.

Anyhow Kaspersky get several licence copys from me but I still and will maintain atleast 2 machines with NOD32 on them.

Associate
Have used NOD32 for a couple of years nearly, but recently have switched to Antivira and its great, uses very little resources.

Hows that AntiVir at updating now, i used it about a year or so ago, but it stopped updating, would never connect so i just got shot, and now using AVG 7.5.
Updates nearly every day for me since ive had it.

Associate
I've just switched from NOD to Kaspersky. Nod seems to be sliding down the test results ranks recently and Kaspersky is always at/near the top. When I ran the 1st scan it picked up something NOD missed.
Seeing as Kaspersky can be had dirt cheap now and the Suite includes a good firewall so no worry about conflicts it's now my #1 choice.

Man of Honour
You have to pay for nod32 and it doesn't detect as much as antivir. So how can it possibly be the best?

IMO it's a waste of time paying for things like this.

Not catching viruses is more about being sensible than software.

Man of Honour
I agree with AcidHell2, on my WIndows machine I used to have NOD32 but when my license expired I switched to AntiVir, it detected some nasties missed by the so called all powerful NOD32. I only every use or recommend AntiVir now.

Man of Honour
I agree with AcidHell2, on my WIndows machine I used to have NOD32 but when my license expired I switched to AntiVir, it detected some nasties missed by the so called all powerful NOD32. I only every use or recommend AntiVir now.

The thing is virus change, therefore products will keep swapping about. Nod32 was great about 12-18months ago. but it's slipped. Antivir will be good for a few months. then I expect that to slip.

Back
Top Bottom