Best antivirus?

Soldato
Yep, Avira AntiVir is very good. It beat AVG, Avast and NOD32 in recent detection tests (AV-Comparatives.org) and it is very light on resources.
Avira classic does not scan emails though, but this isn't a huge problem. The Classic and Premium also does not have a web scanner. But the Classic is FREE and the Premium is just £12.95 (you can get a 3 month free trial for it too).

Another good AV is Kaspersky. It has performed very well in tests and has excellent reviews. I am currently using the trial and will probably end up buying it because it is so damn cheap right now. They have a sale on right now and their antivirus can be got for just £8.40. I was expecting it to eat up loads of resources but it is actually pretty light on my PC.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for all the replys guys, I'll check out Avira AntiVir :).

Whilst I'm in this thread, any point me having a software firewall when my router is supposed to have a hardware firewall?

Soldato
Thanks for all the replys guys, I'll check out Avira AntiVir :).

Whilst I'm in this thread, any point me having a software firewall when my router is supposed to have a hardware firewall?

I ran without one for a few years no probs. Did a Shields Up test every now and again for peace of mind. It's belt and braces with a software firewall and router.

Soldato
OP
shiledsup.jpg

That look ok? :D

Back
Top Bottom