Best audiophile noise cancelling headphones for my needs

Associate
I have a pair of AKG 702 that I got a few years ago, they are ok, But one thing that I didn't take into account when getting them is how I use them compared to others. I have very sensitive hearing and as I result I don't need higher volume and I prefer to have the perceived volume quite a lot lower than others. So I have been thinking that a closed back pair of headphones might be better for my uses and could be useful in certain situations. For example when not at my PC, or when using it for TV if possible or if it's an all in one solution could use them for general use in noisy environments but would also like to use them for gaming. So what options are there and are there any good deals out there at the moment. The things that I am looking for are, audio quality and completely balanced audio (no "gamer" nonsense), passive and ideally active noise cancelation,
volume is not an issue. Around the lower high end tier.

The question is, should I get a single pair of ANC closed back headphones or should I get a pair of merely closed back and a pair of ANC. On one hand the merely closed back should be better and cheaper, but can one pair do everything. The issue with ANC Bluetooth is latency, but then again I could just go analogue when using them at my PC. And of course two might be more expensive, especially if I need DAC.

So to summarise I would like closed back headphones for gaming, video and when on my PC. It would also be nice to be able to use them on a TV.

I would like Bluetooth ANC for when in a semi-noisy environment, although I am not going to be using them on the Underground, the street, a construction site or something like that. I am not the biggest music fan, so occasional music, audiobooks, podcasts or phone calls. But would like the ANC when not playing anything, although I guess I could also get some ear defenders.

Both need to have good balanced audio quality, the way it was meant to be heard.

Volume is not an issue.

There are sales on at the moment, so would really like to make use of them. Looking around £80 - £450, depending on if I get one pair for everything, two new pairs or keep using my K702s and get just an ANC pair.

Soldato
I've had the focal Bathys and if you can use the aptx they are just as basic as any other headphone so I'd suggest whichever device you are using with your cans to make sure it uses the best codec

Soldato
Bowers and Wilkins PX7 S2e would probably tick all your boxes, the Sony WH1000XM5 are a little bass heavy but have fantastic noise cancelling, the Sennheiser Momentum 4 are also excellent.
With those 3 there isnt really a bad choice. (IMO)

Back
Top Bottom