Best backup/restore option when setting up new iPhone?

Soldato
Forgive me, I haven't used iOS or iPhones in a while. I'm just setting up the Mrs' new Xs, she doesn't seem to have any iCloud backups so that left me wondering what the best method of data transfer was.

Quite simply I want an exact replica of her old iPhone onto her new iPhone. Will both an iCloud and iTunes backup/restore method do this for me? Which one would be quicker? She has about 60GB on her iPhone currently.

Thanks in advance.

Associate
I thought it was odd, will it do a full backup? I thought they only had 5GB?
It will do but it only backs up data needed to restore. It would download all the apps again upon restoring it. Only thing is if not having iCloud turned on might be more than 5GB so would have to upgrade to 50GB plan. Best off using iTunes.

Soldato
Forgive me, I haven't used iOS or iPhones in a while. I'm just setting up the Mrs' new Xs, she doesn't seem to have any iCloud backups so that left me wondering what the best method of data transfer was.

Quite simply I want an exact replica of her old iPhone onto her new iPhone. Will both an iCloud and iTunes backup/restore method do this for me? Which one would be quicker? She has about 60GB on her iPhone currently.

Thanks in advance.

Hold the old iPhone near the new iPhone on the setup page. The old iPhone should offer to transfer everything to the new iPhone.

Back
Top Bottom