Best Budget cooling around £60 - Air - AIO - Custom

Soldato
I was wonder which is the Best Budget cooling option - Air - AIO - Custom.

I'm trying to get the best option for the least money.

My options are high end air cooler (Thermalright), AIO or upgrade my water cooling

I currently have a custom water cooling set up at the moment which is a few year old details 360 black ice stealth rad, ek supreme water block, phobya balancer, Phobya Water Cooling Loop Pump DC12-400 PWM 12Volt.

So would need some upgrades.

I do have a few issues with custom water, you need to keep a closer eye on it, punp issues, leaks, kinks, amount of coolant ext, I would rather have something i can forget about.

Im hoping what ever I choose it could be used in my future ryzen upgrade

Im thinking Air maybe the best option but i want to double confirm.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Why do you think you need upgrades?

The custom loop you have, depending on the fans, is probably miles better than anything you can buy on your budget anyway..

Just get this..

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-water-blocks-amd-socket-bracket-for-am4-wc-9dx-ek.html

Thanks, I'm running it with noctua fans.

Well it was not just the reason of a upgrade I was also thinking of a change. custom is good but i worry more about it then i would with air or AIO
you need to keep a closer eye on it, punp issues, leaks, kinks, amount of coolant ext,

The reason I thought I would need a upgrade is because its a few years old and things do move along, so I thought it may not be as good i assumed also I would have needed a new water block which would cost the same, I was not aware I could get the new mounting plates.

Soldato
OP
Thanks, I still dont know which is the better option because i cant compare so I think ill go with the cheapest option, just so i can spend the money i save on the GPU/CPU.

Soldato
OP
Best option depends on cost of waterblock .. if waterblock costs more than £47.99, get the PH-TC14PE. It is one of the kings of the hill of coolers along with R1, NH-D15S, NH-D15, NH-D14, TRUE Spirit 140 Power, NH-U14S, Silver Arrow IB-E, etc. All are within a couple degrees of each other. Case airflow makes more difference in overall cooling than which of the top coolers you use. ;)
I was thinking the same but from the link @keenan gave me I wont need a new water block, I can just get new brackets to fit my old block for under £10 allowing me to save some money and keeping it for longer, it may not be the best but the best value for money.

I can Just upgrade in the future when its its worth switching.

Soldato
OP
I think you'll find that is the thread size common to nearly all fittings - G1/4"

It is the diameter of the barb or compression fitting itself which dictates the tube size
Im not sure but this is the info i have on my last order 16/10mm (3/8ID).

Back
Top Bottom