Best Budget Graphics Tab?

Associate
So looking to get into animation and as such I'm in need of a tablet! Been looking around and the stand out brand appears to be Wacom.

Looking to spend under a hundred and primarily I'll be doing 2D sketch work. So pressure sensitivity and accuracy is very important.

Here's what I've been looking at:

- Wacom Bamboo Ultra-thin Medium

- Huion H610 Pro

- Surface Pro 1 (active display, contains Wacom pressure technology)

Surface Pro is expensive, but comes with an active display so I can see what I'm doing! Just need a little guidance.

Associate
OP
Great advice guys really appreciate it. Yeah there's lots of second-hand older generation Wacoms online. I just assumed the newer generation of tablets would be better. So that's good, they go for real cheap aswell.

The surface pro would probably be my ideal choice, it's just the price. Will get looking on a certain auction site and see what kind of deals I can snatch up.

And I've heard fantastic things about the Huion. They have great customer service and after watching a few vids on youtube it looks like it would be ideal for drawing. Have until April before deciding so will do further research. If I have any questions I'll be sure to post them up.

Thanks again.

Edit: Just found the Huion for 35 quid brand new. 65 on Amazon. May have to purchase at that price!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thought I'd update. Bought the Surface Pro, managed to snap one up from ebay. Will be buying a Wacom Stylus to go along with it.

Can't wait! :D

Associate
OP
Some sketches done on the Surface Pro. This thing is insanely accurate. Well worth the money.

IMAG1959.jpg

IMAG1954.jpg

And scotty have a look at Manga Studio. Prefer that to the Autodesk stuff.

Back
Top Bottom