• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Best card company

Associate
I would have said categorically EVGA, but there done making cards.

At present, I'd say PNY for nV and Powercolor for AMD/ATI. This has been my experience in any case, over the years, based on build, pricing, failure rates, and customer service.

Soldato
EVGA, MSI, Gigabyte & Sapphire have all been decent GPU brands that I've owned.

Due to the high prices I had to try INNO3D recently as that's all that was available to me. I bought a 3070 Ti then a 3080 in the X3 range. Both good value if you just want a GPU to slot in and use. No OC features as such beyond basic factory clock bumps.

Pity the EVGA 4090 wasn't released as that seemd to have the best looking cooler for me and slightly smaller than most.

Last edited:
Associate
From my experience and I have been PC gaming since the early 90's Sapphire, MSI, Gigabyte.

Though I would have to add XFX now, after nearly 2 years with my 6800xt. I would have never bought an XFX and always thought of them as cheap AMD cards, but when everyone was having problems getting one and beggar's could not be choosers. I fell lucky with my card and have to say it's been a fantastic card, with one of the best 6800xt coolers.

Soldato
For
Sapphire
ASUS for build quality (not necessarily for price)
Powercolor

Against
MSI - people seem to have forgotten their dodgy dealings
Gigabyte - every now and again release batches of dodgy GPU's AMD 7850/7870 anyone ?
Zotac - dont allow coolers to be removed and some of them are weak.
EVGA - exploding GPU

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Hi there

Been doing this for 20 years, the most consistent brand quality wise has been Sapphire, my no.1 choice personally always for AMD product. :)
I've always really liked Asrock too but they are generally always way overpriced, they do seem to be improving on this front as of recent though, but I did recently meet their VP, so clearly had some impact with the recent deals I've obtained. :)

NVIDIA wise, it can jump from vendor to vendor, 40 series, MSI Suprim is my favourite card. Otherwise pick the card on the feature set/design that fits your needs, Zotac is nice for the 5yr warranty when registering.

Soldato
I met some tech guys from Sapphire, several years ago at an AMD event in London.

I said to them I thought they were the best GPU manufacturer, very humble nice guys.

Couldn't say the same to the guy overclocking a bulldozer (faildozer) CPU to 5Ghz with a liquid nitrogen block, had no come back when I said I could do practically the same on my 2600k just on an air cooler.

Associate
OP
I am considering Zotac for Nvidia but bring on the 13th let's see what AMD brings us

I've always had a bad experience with Asus cards even though they are expensive,

Sapphire and powercolor have both served me well when using AMD Cards

Soldato
AMD - Echo what everyone else has said. Sapphire and PC are the best for AMD, Sapphire might be the best AIB in either camp. I have had numerous Sapphire Nitro and PC Red Devil and Red Dragon cards and all have been brilliant.

Sapphire tend to produce sleeker primo cards, whereas PC tend to go big chonky and have a certain aesthetic. So both bases are covered. All their primo cards run cool and quiet.

NV - Who cares?

:cry:

Soldato
AMD - definitely Sapphire. However, I'm using an MSI Mech because the price was too good to refuse. Still a good card.

Nvidia - I hate the brand so much but if a gun was pointed at my head, I'd choose Zotac because of the longer warranty.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom