Best case for me?

Associate
Hello,

I am looking to replace my Antec 900, as it an old dust magnet that is pretty noisy. I would like a case that is as quiet as possible while delivering good thermal performance. Ideally i would like to have the option for watercooling in the future so a bigger case might be good?

I have my eyes on the silverstone fortress 2, however the downside of that seems to be that its not very good for watercooling?

Associate
There are a few horror storied on the internet about the FT02, If that's roughly your price range go for a Lian Li P50 or A71, both are outstanding cases

Soldato
I have my eyes on the silverstone fortress 2, however the downside of that seems to be that its not very good for watercooling?
Acoustically its among the best ones with closed design without direct noise escape paths (which make 900 and other cheese graters noisy) but despite of very big external dimensions its special design just doesn't have inside space for really anything bigger than Corsair H50 style small watercooling.

Aforementioned Lian Li A71 is also very good starting point for silencing with very well noise containing design with lot of space/device bays and all it needs for realizing full potential is mass damping (generic bitumen felt/mat works) panels. Top has enough space for tripple rad, fitting radiator just needs making holes or getting "premodded" top cover.
Less closed (top fully open for noise) Coolermaster ATCS840 has ready option for mounting tripple rad to top. Ditto for mass damping

Sheet metal is never good in acoustic opacity and vibration resistance so mass damping is always needed for getting to good acoustic. That's why Antec P-serie has those thick (+very heavy) multilayer composite panels and Fractal Design R2 that bitumen mat.

Associate
OP
Thanks everyone.

As far as i know the cosmos is more expensive than what i was planning to spend?

I will look at the Lian Li, most of the high end seemed to be extremely expensive so avoided looking at them even though i heard many great things about them. The idea of soundproofing the case myself is not bad either.

Back
Top Bottom