Best CMS for this..

Soldato
Hey

i need some suggestions, i need to make a "side site" to my current site, all the site needs to do is;-

* show latest uploads on the front page
* easy way to upload directly to server, kinda like a news posts where i could include a picture, attach a file and some description.
* download/news categories
* nice front page layout to sort the uploads by popularity, rating and latest.
* members should be able to submit new uploads and allow me to moderate them.

i know it sounds like i want a *warez* site but honestly it just a resource site for game moders and since i run a modding site it would be great addition to it.

now first thing that pops to my mind is wordpress but there's a tone load of other cms systems that might do this simple task.

anything you have in mind? or maybe some nice templates that would do just that for wordpress?

Soldato
OP
thought so, any suggestions for a template that would do what i want? there's a million different templates to choose from which is great but narrowing it down is a bit of work that i have no time for!

Soldato
OP
What is your current site running? Couldn't you create a front end that just pulls the data via xml or from the database directly?

the current site doesn't have the resources, i guess keeping it all in one place is a good idea and ill have to try that first because an extra site with extra db, subdomain etc is a lot more work.

but at the same time it would be easier to manage due to current site already getting a lot of submissions and keeping them separate would be better.

ill do some more research, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom