Best Components for DFI lanparty

Associate
I am building a system with the DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLi-D Socket 939 Motherboard and had heard it can be fussy with memory compatibility and PSUs something to do with the way it needs another rail, or something.
Can anybody recommend some good memory preferably from ocuk that will be good for overclocking and a good PSU. Also I will not be using SLI with the board.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
TWGL said:
I am building a system with the DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLi-D Socket 939 Motherboard and had heard it can be fussy with memory compatibility and PSUs something to do with the way it needs another rail, or something.
Can anybody recommend some good memory preferably from ocuk that will be good for overclocking and a good PSU. Also I will not be using SLI with the board.
Best is ocz pc4000 2gb kit, can run @ 250 mhz cl2.5-2-3-2-7. Quality stuff.

Associate
If you haven't already purchased i'd go for the DFI Ultra-D instead, it's cheaper and just as good so long as you aren't thinking of dual gfx cards.

As far as the ram goes, i'd say OCZ all the way! The Platinum PC4000 if you can afford it at £235inc! but better valu IMO is the Platinum PC3200 and just run it on a divider.

Soldato
Cant go wrong with OCZ or Mushkin ram. Grab an opty while you can, I assume that by going for a DFi you'll overclocking. Pick up a tagan PSU, newer models can switch between running dual or single rails

Associate
trojan698 said:
Cant go wrong with OCZ or Mushkin ram. Grab an opty while you can, I assume that by going for a DFi you'll overclocking. Pick up a tagan PSU, newer models can switch between running dual or single rails

Definitely get an opty, as far as the ram goes the Mushkin Redline and the OCZ Platinum PC4000 are basically identical. If your budget doesn't stretch to the massive £234inc that you need for these two types then go for the OCZ Platinum PC3200. IMO it's the best vfm around at the mo.

Associate
OP
What opteron is around the price of 3200+ is the 144 or 146. Has anyone bought from OCUK recentl, am i gonna get a good stepping or is it just luck of the draw.

How does the stepping (of the opteron) affect the overclock?

Back
Top Bottom