• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Best CPU to Go for

Associate
Okey im a bit stuck in what kind of CPU to go for, i dont overclock, dont burn/copy movies, just play games bf2 etc, and browze the net and watch movies,

so would i be best for a single core or a double core,

Soldato
Hi there.

First of all - what is your budget?

I would suggest a dual core CPU. Right now not many games utilize both cores but in the future im pretty sure this will be the way to go.

Soldato
If you aren't going to overclock i would suggest an E6600 or an E6400 if you want to spend a little less.

Mind you the whole core2 range is pretty awesome itself - the lower ranking chips will blow most games away easily.

Soldato
E6300 is a great chip - but as you said you are not looking to overclock. I believe it will be able to handle itself well in the future even at stock. Definatly work overclocking though..;)

Associate
zero_01 said:
what about an E6300 (its not a bad price right now), would that be decent for future games and general computer use

Yeah i'm in the same boat i'm looking at getting a E6300 i didn't think there was much between that and the E6400 ?

I know the E6600 has 4mb cache but would notice that?

Associate
gam3r said:
Probably if your into super pi and benchmarking 24/7 but apart from that little difference when playing movies/gaming etc.

Thought that would be the case thanks mate . Think i'll stay with the E6300 then.

Back
Top Bottom