Best Current Account?

Soldato
I see there's a thread for best savings account, but couldn't remember seeing on for current account.

It seems that the cash back on my legancy co-op account is now ended and I've heard that Barclays have stopped their rewards scheme. Is cashback and rewards for all current accounts going to end?

At the moment I pay 15.50 a month for;
Breakdown cover on the car
World Wide Holiday/Travel insurance
Moibile Phone insurance - never used
Overdraft - never used
Gadgets cover - never used.

Can someone spec me a current account that has those benefits plus cash back or some sort of rewards scheme?

Is there an account where I would get paid interest for cash that's in the current account? I suppose it's swings and roundabouts, they benifiets may cost me more to purchase separately but 99% of the time I don't use them, so....

Associate
Lloyds is cheaper for the same benefits (Club Lloyds Silver). They don't do a rewards scheme that is worth anything (some discounts at places you're unlikely to shop at is the best you can get).

Soldato
Doesn't the UK have any banks where you don't have to pay an obvious and recurring fee for services you'll rarely rely on? Because ... do that instead.
Of course, most bank accounts are free. But the included breakdown cover, travel insurance makes the paid for ones very good value for some people.

Soldato
OP
Get a current account with no perks and no fees. Or just unsubscribe from all the fees, then get breakdown/travel/phone insurance separately if you want to.
Yeah was thinking this, just a quick google shows:
RAC Breakdown cover £6.75 per month
mobile phone cover for £4.25 per month

not sure what level of cover those are but getting it as package may be cheaper....

Caporegime
I see there's a thread for best savings account, but couldn't remember seeing on for current account.

It seems that the cash back on my legancy co-op account is now ended and I've heard that Barclays have stopped their rewards scheme. Is cashback and rewards for all current accounts going to end?

At the moment I pay 15.50 a month for;
Breakdown cover on the car
World Wide Holiday/Travel insurance
Moibile Phone insurance - never used
Overdraft - never used
Gadgets cover - never used.

Can someone spec me a current account that has those benefits plus cash back or some sort of rewards scheme?

Is there an account where I would get paid interest for cash that's in the current account? I suppose it's swings and roundabouts, they benifiets may cost me more to purchase separately but 99% of the time I don't use them, so....

This isn't a question for OcUK, this is a question for the nerds on MSE.

Back
Top Bottom