best ddr4 motherboards for 13900k?

Associate
not looking to spend much over 400gbp, want to know my options of the better motherboards to use with 13900k ddr4, would prefer 2x dimm slot.

Can recommend the MSI Z690 Tomahawk DDR4 mobo, its running my 13700K (after a seamless bios flashback) and 32Gb DDR4 3600 Team group ram like a champ! Can be had for around £250 if you shop around.

Performance is gimped by going DDR4. If you're spending top dollar and getting a top of the line chip, why sandbag it's performance?

Performance is gimped by going DDR4. If you're spending top dollar and getting a top of the line chip, why sandbag it's performance?

Literally 2% performance difference, if that, depending on the task. If somebody already owns a good set of DDR4 it makes a lot more sense keeping it instead of buying DDR5 at current prices for the tiny gain it would give

Can recommend the MSI Z690 Tomahawk DDR4 mobo, its running my 13700K (after a seamless bios flashback) and 32Gb DDR4 3600 Team group ram like a champ! Can be had for around £250 if you shop around.
Very solid motherboard. Was using 4 x 8GB 8Pack 3600 no issues.
Heatsinks for NVME are very efficient, VRM solid and no issues with long boot like some plagued DDR5 Asus.
Not an issue of DDR5, anyway. Using a MSI Edge DDR5 and some Team Group 6000 CL30 very solid, no long boot either.

Back
Top Bottom