Best Domain Registrar

Associate
I know this question's been asked over and over...but its 2012 and things may have changed.

I been with Daily.co.uk for years, they have a fantastic ad-free control panel but one huge problem they have is e-mail routing.

If I set all my MX records to point to a different server e.g. Google, I still find e-mails go through their own mail system. You can only fix this by sending an e-mail (sometimes two or three e-mails) to their support guys to manually delete some domain record from their mail server.

Basically when an e-mail originates from their mail server (e.g. another customer using Daily.co.uk), their mail server could ignore your custom MX settings - absolutely shocking.

Anyway, so I'm looking to move...I'm not going back to 123-reg, I don't like their control panel.

Here's a summary of my research:

Namecheap.com - looks like a great control panel, set up URL forwarding
godaddy.com - they claim world's #1, forum members say, stay away!
enom.com - apparently good, but site contains no info
vidahost.com - the most highly rated hosting provider on this forum
domainmonster.com - lots of adverts but offer free whois guard
register1.net - apparently good control panel, free whois guard

Question, does a UK nameserver/registrar help with UK search rankings?

Which domain registrar do you guys recommend?

Whois guard, good value, full DNS, e-mail forwarding are basically what I need. If you guys could send a screenshot of your registrar's control panel. That would be handy.

Last edited:
One item - Domainmonster.com is owned by Hosteurope which is entirely separate from Daily.co.uk as far as I know. Daily.co.uk is a Plc.

Daily.co.uk however is partially owned by a founder / ex-employee of Hosteurope!

Noted, my mistake, I thought Daily.co.uk was part of MeshDigital, but they're just one of the registrar's that Daily uses. Edited and removed from original post.

Back
Top Bottom