Best Gaming Headset

Associate
I have been using the Arctis steel series 7 wireless headset for about 5 years now and love it, but its getting to its end of life so wondering what to buy next any one advise me on what is a good one now thanks.

Caporegime
Wireless or wired?

I've had no issues with my Sennheiser/EPOS GSP300 wired, lasted 6 years before dying. I now have a EPOS GSP370 wireless. 200 hours(!) battery life but they're very quick to 'shut down' and only pop back to life after silence and when there's noise playing. not an issue for most games that always have some sort of ambient noise going.

Associate
Wireless or wired?

I've had no issues with my Sennheiser/EPOS GSP300 wired, lasted 6 years before dying. I now have a EPOS GSP370 wireless. 200 hours(!) battery life but they're very quick to 'shut down' and only pop back to life after silence and when there's noise playing. not an issue for most games that always have some sort of ambient noise going.
always used Sennheiser headphones for gaming. I have heard the new Logitech wireless ones are good too

Associate
Honestly if you like the Arctis steel series 7 wireless just buy another pair.
I've had mine for about 5 years and battery doesn't last anymore coming towards end of life,
I'm gonna go for the Arctis steel series 7+

Associate
Honestly if you like the Arctis steel series 7 wireless just buy another pair.
I've had mine for about 5 years and battery doesn't last anymore coming towards end of life,
I'm gonna go for the Arctis steel series 7+

This imo, the SS are great, I have a pair as well. Although I have also used the HyperX cloud and cant recommend them enough, great headset for gaming.

Soldato
I'd personally advise getting a good pair of headphones and a microphone over an all in one headset. You can get decent ones sure, but they will never match up to the sound quality of a good set Sennheiser or such. If you can, look at something like the Sennheiser HD 600 and then if you want the gaming headset experience, get yourself a Mod Mic+. The soundstage and quality will be amazing and the mic will also sound much nicer than an integrated one. Ofc this does depend on budget, but you won't need to replace them in a long time, if ever. The most I have to do with mine is replace the headband and ear cushions every few years.

Soldato
I went for some SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless headphones, and they combined with the mini DAC thingy :p are totally worth the money.

Soldato
i just this weekend picked up a Steelseries Arctis 1 and i have to say im very impressed.

i had a Sennheiser gsp 670 that i broke, also a fantastic headset. i rolled over the cable one too many times

Associate
OP
I'd personally advise getting a good pair of headphones and a microphone over an all in one headset. You can get decent ones sure, but they will never match up to the sound quality of a good set Sennheiser or such. If you can, look at something like the Sennheiser HD 600 and then if you want the gaming headset experience, get yourself a Mod Mic+. The soundstage and quality will be amazing and the mic will also sound much nicer than an integrated one. Ofc this does depend on budget, but you won't need to replace them in a long time, if ever. The most I have to do with mine is replace the headband and ear cushions every few years.
I actually used to to do it this way back in the day and still have my mic but reverted back as I could never sort out people speaking behind me being heard on the mic.

Associate
OP
i just this weekend picked up a Steelseries Arctis 1 and i have to say im very impressed.

i had a Sennheiser gsp 670 that i broke, also a fantastic headset. i rolled over the cable one too many times
Just checked these out they are a decent headset and think I may get a set of these for my lad, but lacks a few features I am looking for personally but thanks for the heads up as thought these were wired only.

Back
Top Bottom