'Best' GPS app for android?

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I don't always remember to take the GPS with me, so I've tried out so far Route 66 and Sygic.

Which GPS app do you use and why?

P.s. I'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread, but since its an android app thread. :p

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
You can save maps and routes for offline use.

That's not very practical to be honest, I prefer the option of having maps and POI on my phone/tablet.

For me Sygic so far is the quickest and most accurate, but I will check out some of the propositions from here. :)

I'm gonna test out the hud thing today, it looked good on the videos.

qde3z9.jpg

Edit

When it comes to Live traffic - Tomtom's traffic is the only one worth paying for. It's used by Tomtom, Route 66 and Sygic. The implementation is crap on Sygic, however, so I don't recommend it. Next best is Google which is free, then Waze (also free). Hence all the other apps' live traffic info is not worth paying for.

I agree with you that Sygic isn't the most user friendly app, but it's not that bad once you get use to it. But so far from only testing google navigate, route 66 and sygic... The implementation on route 66 IMO is superb and generally those small things such as the camera movement when you get to a roundabout it moves to birds-eye view. I've tested out the route 66 on the 30 day trial while having sygic on my phone, I'll look into Route 66 further more when my Syigc subscription ends.

P.s. I can't say a bad word about Sygic since I got it for free, but if I had to pay for it, than mostly like I wouldn't.

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
My first impressions of Sygic were initially very good, but soon I realised that the routing system is extremely poor.
I've only used it for short journeys so I can't really comment on this. What packages on Route 66 did you buy out and how much did it cost you? I just wanna get a rough idea, I can't remember how long left of the subscription I've. But it ends soonish...

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
I think we should have a poll for best Nav app, which doesnt need a internet connection to be able to work.
Live traffic is definitively a good function that will save you some time, but if for any reason you connection goes down you are screwed... That's why I will always have GPS app with maps saved on SD card.

So which GPS is best to just navigate you around the best routes with voice navigations and will work offline?

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Comparing the two, while I prefer some of CoPilot's route planning features, Tomtom is far superior for routing, traffic avoidance and voice directions.

Which of the GPS apps you used so far, would you recommend to someone just looking for the best/fastest routing, voice navigations and that will work offline?
There are simply too many GPS apps on the market... :confused:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
I've tried HERE Maps, rubbish... its crashes on searches, the calculations of the route take forever and for some reason its loses the GPS signal quite often. Not to mention its not really clear which exit you need to take on the roundabout. :mad:

I'll try Navmii, I need something offline as I don't have unlimited data anymore. So time to say goodbye to waze :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom