Best Hosting for Wordpress photo site

Caporegime
I need to finally get off my backside and finish my website. I have a crude prototype running on some free altar vista domain, I have registered my own domain name but need some hosting to do this properly (the altarvista is really slow). I don't need loads of bandwidth of even that much space. Anything that makes it easier to install wordpress is a bonus but I don't won't some thing completely sandboxed

A second question is what is the best way to have 2 separate wordpress sites under a single domain? I don't know the proper terms but I can do the following:
1)
site1.mydomain.com
site2.mydomain.com

2)
mydomain.com/site1
Mydomain.com/site2

Any pros or cons? Both websites will be similar photographic based, but different genres and I want a clear separation as one will be more commercial and the other personal.

Vidahost/tsohost would be fine for it. Wordpress is easy to install.

I'd use 1, subdomains for seperate sites.

I could be wrong but I've always thought subdomains(1) were for seperate but related sites and sub directories(2) were for dividing content within a site.

Guess it doesn't matter too much on usability or installation wise I'd pick for ascetics don't know if there will be any seo implications.

Edit: I should ask what do you mean by sandboxed? Are you after SSH access to the server?

Last edited:
By sandboxed I don't want hosting that is for complete dummies that only lets you install a few packages like Wordpress. Yes I would like SSH access. I do a lot of server development on amazon AWS and I'm happiest SSHing in to a remote server but for this website I want to set it up very quickly initially.

Thought I best check just incase it meant something different than I thought.

In which case vida/tso would be fine. Both their cloud and cpanel offer SSH.

Easy enough install of Wordpress from their version of softaculous as well.

Back
Top Bottom