Best Hosting Providers?

Soldato
I'm with Krystal for one site, and was with TSO hosts for some others, but looking to move.

It seems there is a massive difference in speeds across hosting companies. Seen a few websites doing comparisons but most are US providers, and of course there is the question how much affiliate fees play a part. WPX was fastest in some tests I saw, but it's a Bulgarian company, and those haven't faired too well recently Robinhood, Trading212 :p

Shame there haven't been tests of UK hosts. Improve server response time is always one of the first things on Pagespeed insights.

Going to sign up with Stablepoint. Obviously I'm not allowed to ask for a promo code in here though.

Last edited:
Soldato
best host for 2022 for fast wordpress speeds ??

looking for speed and reliable not cheapest

I'm using Krystal and Stablepoint. It's much of a muchness. Before that I was using Vidahost.

It doesn't really matter which. If you are on a shared hosting platform and running Wordpress, Google is still going to complain about 'reducing server response time'. Across a number of sites on a number of platforms I see it vary from 0.6s to 1.2s.

Soldato
Other than Stablepoint, Allhost, eUKHost and Krystal, can anyone recommend any UK (London ideally) hosts that offer fully managed VPS servers with automated daily backups?

Currently on the hunt for a handful and TsoHost's "new" managed VPS (only looking as they can easily migrate us across) don't include automated backups* and thought there might be some decent hosts i've missed that'll meet our criteria.

Thanks all :)

*Edit - Just to add that appears to not be the case with TsoHost and they supposedly offer daily 30-day backups on their FMS products. But a lot is to be desired of their sales staff though, as i've had conflicting information and pricing from a few of them :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
Other than Stablepoint, Allhost, eUKHost and Krystal, can anyone recommend any UK (London ideally) hosts that offer fully managed VPS servers with automated daily backups?

Currently on the hunt for a handful and TsoHost's "new" managed VPS (only looking as they can easily migrate us across) don't include automated backups and thought there might be some decent hosts i've missed that'll meet our criteria.

20i but they aren't based in London.

Soldato

Currently on the hunt for a handful and TsoHost's "new" managed VPS (only looking as they can easily migrate us across) don't include automated backups and thought there might be some decent hosts i've missed that'll meet our criteria.

Just a note that AllHost services are London based now, contrary to the website which needs updating.

Last edited:
Soldato
Do already use Stablepoint for a few but just seeing what else it out there and comparing pricing. Did look at Clook and Catalyst2 but they aren't working out to be particularly cost effect for what i need.

But cheers guys, will take a look at 20i.

Just a note that AllHost services are London based now, contrary to the website which needs updating.

Didn't realise, i had always assumed they were based out of the UK Servers datacentre in Coventry. They seem fairly decent from initial contact albeit appear to be a fairly small outfit (not necessarily a bad thing) - have you had any experience with them?

Back
Top Bottom