Best Laptop for my JOB

Associate
Hello all techie's,

I am a new bee and have very basics knowledge about laptops.

I am going to start my new job and all my works depends on a laptop. Currently I am planning to buy a new laptop.

Could you please suggest me best laptop (New/used) for me?

PURPOSE:
- Able to work smoothly with high-end modeling and simulation software programs.
- Decent battery life.
- Big screen.
- With good inbuilt software like Microsoft office etc.

Appreciate any kind suggestions.

Thanks,
Roy.

Soldato
i suppose it depends on the modelling software.... For Business, i use HP Zbook fury.. and the firefly is worth a look, if the software isnt fussy about GPU you might get away with a cheaper blingy gaming laptop

office isnt built in you need to subscribe..

strange job though that doesnt provide this

Associate
OP
Hi Kurgen,

Thanks for your suggestions.

Sorry I would like to add some more requirements with it. Excuse me for weirdest needs.
- With Touch screen
- Lighter weight

Many thanks

Soldato
- Able to work smoothly with high-end modelling and simulation software programs.

Roy.

MacBooks seem to excel in this area and are widely used for this very purpose. Food for thought.

Failing that, Dell XPS range.

Down to what software you will be using really and which OS you want.

Soldato
- Able to work smoothly with high-end modeling and simulation software programs.

Take a closer look at this software and it will give you the minimum spec recommendations for its use. Let us know what it says. You'll probably need a laptop with decent graphics capabilities.

My initial suggestion is a Dell XPS 16.

Here's a list of other brands out there to help your research:

Acer
Alienware
Apple
Asus
Dell
Fujitsu
Gigabyte
HP
Huawei
Lenovo
LG
Microsoft
MSI
Razer
Samsung

Soldato
May I ask why the company you are starting with is not supplying the laptop for you?

I work from home and my company provides me with a laptop (Lenovo Touchpad P15) and everything else to do my job.

Soldato
May I ask why the company you are starting with is not supplying the laptop for you?

I work from home and my company provides me with a laptop (Lenovo Touchpad P15) and everything else to do my job.
Kind of the first thought that came to my mind too. My wife works form home and her company provides here with all her gear like a phone, laptop etc.

Soldato
Kind of the first thought that came to my mind too. My wife works form home and her company provides here with all her gear like a phone, laptop etc.
exactly.

My laptop is a good few years old now but still going strong, I not want to be paying out for this spec today as it would not be cheap.

I7 10850H
64GB ram
Nvidia Quadro T2000
1TB nvme drive

It's a Lenovo Thinkpad P15, 14" touch screen and its quite a good little laptop. I use it folded down though with my own keyboard\mouse\monitor.

Soldato
Could well be self employed contract type work?

That’s what I thought anyway but yeah, the employer should provide the kit otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom