Best Laptop/Notebook for £500??

Permabanned
Hey, I'm looking to buy a laptop and have a budget of £500. Has anyone got any suggestions on what can be had in this price, Not bothered about manufacture as long as the specs are good and the laptop itself.

Any suggestions, Fire away!

OV3RCLOCK3R :)

Permabanned
OP
Dell Inspiron 6000 Pentium M 735a - XP Home (LT-013-DE)
The Inspiron 6000 was designed with versatility in mind. It offers mobility without sacrificing excellent performance and entertainment capabilities. Thanks to the combination of Intel 915PM or 915GM mobile chipsets and low power consumption Intel® Pentium® M Processor, you don't need to compromise on battery life if you want to enjoy your multimedia or productivity applications away from the office. It is equipped with your choice of genuine Windows® XP Operating system and an internal wireless LAN module that offers you the flexibility to work from practically anywhere. Inspiron 6000's 15.4" wide aspect displays and the brand new Intel® Media Accelerator 900TM shared graphics technology all combine to provide a superb visual experience. For more intensive 3D, Direct X 9.0® -compatible applications, you also have the choice to upgrade up to 128 MB of dedicated video memory with the ATI Mobility RadeonTM X300 graphics chip. The eye-catching, stylish Artic Silver and Alpine White design incorporates an SD (Secure Digital) card reader as well as front-access multimedia buttons for conveniently controlling Audio CDs or DVDs. Even connecting all your digital multimedia devices is easy with the Inspiron 6000. It comes with a standard S-Video (TV-Out) port, IEEE 1394 (Firewire), and four built-in USB 2.0 interfaces. Mobile computing has never been easier!

- Pentium M 735a 1.70Ghz
- 2MB L2 Cache
- 15.4" WXGA Widescreen Panel (1280x800)
- 512MB DDR2 Memory (2x256MB)
- Intel GMA 900 Media shared graphics memory upto 128MB
- 40GB 5400rpm IDE Hard Drive
- Internal Combo 24x CDRW / 8x DVD-ROM
- Internal 56k V.92 Modem
- Intel ProWireless 2200 802.11b/g Mini PC Wireless LAN
- Microsoft WIndows XP Home SP2 Edition Installed and supplied
- PC Restore system supplied free by Symantec
- Microsoft Works 7.0
- 1yr DELL collect & return warranty (Call DELL on 0870 9080800 and have the work number from the original packaging handy)

Price: £479.95 (£563.94 Including VAT at 17.5%)

Can this be beaten for the price? This laptop any good? I dont mind going a bit over £500 but not near £600

Permabanned
OP
NeptuneUK said:
is it not possible to get one without integrated graphics at that price? i mean even a rly rly low end mobile graphics adaptor on a 500 odd quid laptop would be brilliant wouldnt it? would really help the overall performance of it. the shared one nicks the system memory

For that price, i dont think you can, There are lots but the overall the main system specs are lower and integrated graphics, You can allocate the amount of ram aswell so even if 128mb can be allocated, i would be fine with 8mb as i dont game. Laptop will be used for work, Internet and basic music lisening and films.

Keep the suggestions coming, thanks

Back
Top Bottom