Best Live Acts that you've seen (not necessarily your favourites)

Man of Honour
It might be that your favourite artists are the best live acts you've seen but I reckon most of us have come away from a gig when a support band or a band you went to see with your mates ended up being awesome live.

Heres some of mine that I'm not necessarily a fan but I came home fulfilled -

SLADE - what can you say about this band during the 70's/early 80's. Masters of the stage.

QUEEN - saw them supporting Mott The Hoople and thought 'wow'. The rest is history.

STATUS QUO - I defy anybody to go and watch this band and come away saying 'crap'. I saw them loads in the 70's and then made a journey about 2 years ago and they were still awesome.

FRANK SINATRA - I had goosebumps all night (late 70's).

JOHNNY CASH - see Frank Sinatra (mid 70's)

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN - (1980). A mate had a spare ticket and talked me into going because I didn't like him. I still don't listen to him but what a performer.

So who did you go to see that turned out to be awesome but you still really haven't turned into a fan?

Man of Honour
OP
Big Kev said:
AC/DC - First gig at Southampton in 80 (Back in Black tour) which changed my musical taste overnight, blew me away.

Now I know why you like the Johnson AC/DC over Bon Scott.
I saw AC/DC with Bon Scott 3 times so he was the man for me.
I've just agreed to sing Back In Black and You Shook Me All Night Long to compliment the 9 Bon Scott songs we do.

Back
Top Bottom