Best massive tv 1500 budget

Associate
Hi all.

Looking at getting a new TV for the living room, 70-77" ideally. I'm not a quality maniac so I don't expect 8k 120hz and the best panel around, just want a generally nice living room tv I can pair with a semi decent sound bar for a decent home cinema experience.

I don't mind waiting until black friday, just been a while since I spent this kind of money on a tv so don't know where to begin.

I guess 4k is a minimum, at least 2 hdmi and preferably a really thin model but not essential.

Associate
OP
@MatsyLR Re projector - not really doable for the room we will have I don't think- unless it was ultra short throw like 6 inches or less (lg cinebeam apparantly does, not sure on price/quality) but also seems a bit of a faff for watching general TV tbf.

@Craig_d1 yeah I'd be happy to wait until black friday but needs to be before Xmas as we should be in our new home then.

@lucid thanks I'll check the reviews out. Hopefully the sets you mentioned comes in at BF. That said, even though 75" will be more than adequate, part of me wants to go nuts and go 85"

Associate
OP
Anyone use a Samsung q70a? Think this is around top of my budget (found for around 1500, again hoping it drops a bit around BF as it isn't a top tier set) but has the essential 120hz, QLED, 4k, HDMI 2.1 and a good response rate. Was looking at q60a but I think this lacks hdmi 2.1 for future proofing.

Or would I be better spending 12-1500 on something else for better Picture quality? I'd want hdmi 2.1, 120hz and probably QLED rather than OLED as image burn puts me off a bit for long term use - I expect to have this tv for around 5 years minimum.

Associate
OP
Just a little update - opted for the Samsung 65QN90A. Got it for £1280 thanks to a very offer of 20% back. I didnt want to take a risk on an OLED without an extended warranty so ruled out the LG C1 OLED as lovely as it was. Hopefully I won't be disappointed!

Back
Top Bottom