Best mechanical keyboard for Mac?

Soldato
After dumping a bottle of milk onto my keyboard it doesn't work. I'm wondering if there are any really good mechanical keyboards for the Mac? If they support Touch ID that would be great as well.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Couple of recommendations from me.

Air75 if you don't mind ANSI layout.

Or Keychron for ISO.

I'm a big fan of the Apple keyboard with TouchID.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Couple of recommendations from me.

Air75 if you don't mind ANSI layout.

Or Keychron for ISO.

I'm a big fan of the Apple keyboard with TouchID.
I like the look of the Keychron K10. I think I'll go with that. Seems reasonably priced. Thank you.

Reactions: LiE
Soldato
OP
I went and ordered it but since it does not come with TouchID how do I disable TouchID? I'm assuming that everything just uses your password instead now?

Edit: My bad. Found out how to disable it.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Hmm. Having an issue unlocking my Mac with the Watch. I have wifi and bluetooth enabled on the mac but no matter how close I hold the watch to the computer nothing happens.

Caporegime
I use the NUPHY 65 at work and the Keychron Q1 at home.

I prefer to go with wired because it saves me charging it, even though the NUPHY is wireless.

jbzt3Ru.jpg

Z7Fn6fv.jpg

My Q1 is ISO, sourced my own switches and keycaps.

D0lmx3X.jpg

ZBFonHT.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
I really like the look of that K10. I use Logitech MX keys for both my work windows PC and Mac Mini at home but I'd like to replace them for higher profile keys. I just have no idea what kind of feel I'd like from a mechanical keyboard having never used one. I don't find the lower profile keys that easy to type at pace with and miss lots of keystrokes. I only really got it because the Mac mini bluebooth was flaky and I used the logitech receiver instead.

Back
Top Bottom