1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Mouse DPI ?

Discussion in 'Gaming Peripherals' started by venomx, Dec 2, 2019.

1. venomx

Gangster

What DPI do you guys use for gaming ? Im using 3200 currently for CS GO and Destiny 2

My mouse does support upto 12000 which im guessing would be way too sensitive

2. mattyfez

Sgarrista

There's definitely a balance between too sluggish/inaccurate and too twitchy.

Adjustable dpi is useful for FPS games for personal preference, but also it's handy to adjust on the fly for running around with a machine gun V's scoped up with a sniper rifle.

So a physical up/down dpi button likeoon the logitech mx518 on the mouse is the way to go IMO.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  3. Eikou

Gangster

i don't know what mouse you have but most modern sensors add additional smoothing over 2100 dpi. So maybe give 1600 a shot instead. I used to use 400dpi and a low sens but switched recently to 800dpi and halved my sens so the in game angular rotations were finer. not for any benefit to accuracy just because with free sync it's easier to spot how much smoother the panning is.