Best music streaming service for multiple users

Caporegime
Do any of the streaming services allow you to have multiple users at the same time? I want one that me and my brother can use here and also my dad can access from his account through something like an Amazon Echo.

I know the big two are Spotify and Apple Music, but are any best for what I want to do?

Soldato
Problem with that is that they all have to be living at the same address. My Dad doesn't and I'm wondering if they could pick up on that through IP addresses.

I don't see how, given people could be accessing via public Wifi networks, 4G etc.

As far as the T&Cs go though, I don't think you're going to find a service that openly allows people at different addresses to share an account.

Soldato
As far as the T&Cs go though, I don't think you're going to find a service that openly allows people at different addresses to share an account.
This tbh.

If companies openly allowed that then there would just be 1 person with a sub and every one else would be on it! (sounds a bit like netflix come to think of it :p)

Caporegime
OP
This tbh.

If companies openly allowed that then there would just be 1 person with a sub and every one else would be on it! (sounds a bit like netflix come to think of it :p)
Well yeah, my netflix sub works no problem on all the TV's here and my dads at his place. Dont see why music should be any different other than licensing complications.

Soldato
Well yeah, my netflix sub works no problem on all the TV's here and my dads at his place. Dont see why music should be any different other than licensing complications.

And so will Spotify (and they both know people will do it), but it's still against the terms on both.

It's a bit odd anyway, people used to spend £10 on a single CD yet nowadays people balk at the thought of spending the same per month on massive catalogue of music covering every genre that can be accessed from anywhere. That, and the payouts to artists are so miniscule that unless you're Ed Sheeran or Taylor Swift or whatever you're simply not going to get anything out of it.

Back
Top Bottom