Best options to extend BB to garden office?

Associate
I've had a garden office built which I'm now having fitted out with power and so on.

As part of that, I'm having a trench dug for an armoured cable to the room from the mains power distribution board in the garage, which is around 40/50 metres away.

The electricians are going to supply and fit all the power elements (grounding spike, fuse board, trunking in the office etc) but asked if I wanted to lay a network cable at the same time - presumably an RJ45 or similar.

My question is am I better off trying to support a wired extension to a small switch or wireless access point in the garden room or try to extend WiFi to the garden via directed or unidirectional antennas/extenders?

If I got the wired route then I need to connect the network cable they lay to <something> at either end - my router is on the first floor next to the main BT socket so need to bridge that gap firstly.

I already use powerline adaptors to a small powered switch on the groundfloor which supports my xbox/tv etc in the living room.

Usage in the garden room will be for xbox/tv/internet access. Ideally I don't want to spend a huge amount if I can avoid unnecessary expense - its for light home use not corporate grade!

Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom