Best or favourite short games to date~4hrs

Associate
Inspired by another thread which was about game length.

Dating back to however long you see fit, so whatever console or PC (no general games forum), what are your most memorable short games to date?

Single player and not DLC or PVP. 4hrs is the benchmark to aim for.

Soldato
What Remains of Edith Finch, Bramble: The mountain King and Firewatch. There is more but these ones stand out for me for being the shortest but also some of my standouts as far as single player, pure story driven games go.

Last edited:
Associate
LIMBO is the first that comes to mind. Loved playing through that one.
Immediately thought of its successor; Inside - when the question was raised. So both games worth it.
  • Portal 1 & 2
  • Titanfall 2 (as already mentioned. And yes it should have had more PVE repeatable content).
  • Journey as well.
  • Firewatch
  • Papers, Please!
Probably a bunch of others but I can't think of any more at the moment. You also have the rogue-like/lites that work really well with short play sessions, but I'm not sure that's in-line with the question.

Soldato
Cocoon, from last year, made by one of the playdead team (Limbo, Inside, as mentioned earlier in the thread)

Also a big fan of Amanita studios:
Machinarium
Botanicula
Samarost 3
Creaks

Also the Little Nightmares series (part 3 releasing this summer!)

Last edited:
Soldato
Cocoon, from last year, made by one of the playdead team (Limbo, Inside, as mentioned earlier in the thread)

Also a big fan of Amanita studios:
Machinarium
Botanicula
Samarost 3
Creaks

Also the Little Nightmares series (part 3 releasing this summer!)
I’d never heard of Cocoon thanks for the heads up. So the guy left Play Dead and formed another company - also something I didn’t know. Added to my ever increasing wish list. Looks very different.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom