Best oven chip?

Soldato
I checked the thread history but it's been a while since this was discussed :D I don't have an air fryer unforuantely so having to rely on tradional oven baked chips. What's the best at the moment? :)

Soldato
I reckon they are all pretty horrible if I'm honest.

You just can't beat deep frying for chips.

I'd just have rice over oven chips for carbs, or mash/boiled potatoes etc, lots of alternatives.

Permabanned

I'd just have rice over oven chips for carbs, or mash/boiled potatoes etc, lots of alternatives.
Everyone knows this. They probably asked which oven chips because they're healthier than fried.

I tried these the other day, very nice.

4088600241418_0_XL.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime

this tbh tried over last few years to get a decent bag of oven chips and 99.9 percent are always garbage. tripple cooked mccain ones were sorta passable but ended up just doing it the proper way and getting a new fryer and doing em in oil. nothing beats this tbh.

Associate
Four seasons are excellent we get the skin on seasoned ones, better than McCain, the cooking instructions are always lies always need a extra five minutes regardless of brand.

Associate
Crinkle cut - you get better taste because they have a larger surface area. I've tried them all but I honestly think the best are ones from Aldi & Lidl. very cheap too compared to Mc Cain or Aunt Bessies

Soldato
Have been using Mcain french fries for a while, they are ok, they do a job. I have a deep fryer but tbh I cant be bothered to clean it most of the time, not to mention the amount of oil needed.

Back
Top Bottom