Best place for free stock images?

Soldato
I'm thinking of making a website to promote myself as IT helper-guy whilst I look for more permanent work but i've never actually made a website before and there seems to be about 2 billion sites offering free stuff for your website.

Does anyone have any particular favourites because all the ones i've looked at have been extremely poor. I'm not looking for any fancy graphics or anything, just nice stock images of computers, people using computers etc etc.

Cheers.

Caporegime
If you want good stock images you'll be paying something, as you've found out free stock photos aren't great and in my search for a good one I ended up at all the big named ones.

I'd happily been proven wrong though by someone else who knows of a good free resource.

Soldato
Wikimedia Commons is a good free resource depending on what you're looking for. But most media on there won't be allowed for commercial use.

Basically, if you're going to be making money, then you will almost always have to pay the person who's photos you're using.

Soldato
I've given up on searching for decent free stock images. Ended up pulling the plug and getting the new Adobe CC plan that includes 10 stock images a month for £70 a month (only a few quid for each one after that).

Worth it if I use a few stock images a month for myself, then I can get most of my money back if I use a few stock images a month for clients, then it works out that I get the full Adobe CC suite for cheap(ish).

Soldato
I used to use sxc.hu, which apparently has been bought by Getty, though the images are still free. Haven't used it in its new guise.

unrestrictedstock.com has some decent vector images for some things if you're willing to have a trawl.

Back
Top Bottom