Best place for prints/canvas etc?

Soldato
As title folks, looking to print off some canvases and prints of my children's school portraits.
I paid for the digital photos but the same service is rather expensive for prints/canvas.
Any recommendations for such services elsewhere?
Thank you.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks SF yes I should have specified a budget.
Well honestly speaking its not every day I am getting Canvas prints and not looking for something at the top end of the market.

is Photobox reasonable quality?

Soldato
Hi there

As I recall I paid around £10.00 / £15.00 ish per A3 sized image from Loxely. The price varied depending on a number of factors such as paper choice and finish.

I really wasn't impressed with the quality from Photobox to be quite honest. Cheap paper and a dull almost matt look to every finish probably explains why their prices are so low. I recall writing a report back when I studied photography where I compared the different printing options that are available to photographers. It was decided those printing machines you see in Asda where you plug in your USB thumb drive and it'll print your image came out with a far superior quality than Photobox.

I'm sure others will be along shortly to offer their input but I still maintain you get what you pay for ;)

Associate
For canvas prints, use Trade Canvas Print. Fantastic quality and keen prices. Postage is about £10 so best if you order a few at a time. It’s worth the extra for the 38mm framed canvas prints over the cheaper 20mm option As they come with a protective laminated coating, felt pads and mounts ready to hang on the wall.

DS Colour labs offer good prices and quality for standard photo prints - choose lustre/matte finish if you intend to frame them as it eliminates a lot of distracting reflections behind glass.

Back
Top Bottom