Best place to host website with possible email address

Soldato
Just remember that GoDaddy have now acquired Host Europe, which owns TSO Host... And GoDaddy are bad. Very bad.

beh

beh

Associate
They seemingly have a reputation for buying up other companies which then go downhill somewhat. Plus a few controversies like initially supporting SOPA leading people to think they're probably not the most enlightened company.

Might appear cheap at a glance but they obviously screw you with the extras like the £3.50 per month for email you mention or £4 for whois domain privacy (even with an supposed £3 saving). Lots of other registrars will offer you these things included in the upfront price of the domain for less in total.

Soldato
OP
I see, thanks for the info. I've already bought the domain name from GoDaddy. If I use TSOHost now for hosting and email, I assume GoDaddy has nothing to do with my site? They are just the supplier for the name? Am I understanding that correctly?

beh

beh

Associate
Aye, that's correct, you don't even need to use their nameservers (Cloudflare are great for free). Tsohost seem well recommended and certainly a better deal for hosting/email.

Just to add, I don't think there's anything horrifically wrong with Godaddy, any large company will inevitably have some complaints. In the very unlikely event you have any issues it'd be easy to transfer the domain elsewhere.

Soldato
Only experience I've had with GoDaddy was trying to move a domain, I needed something special to move it from them to a UK company and they had no idea what I was on about, took about 40 mins on the phone and he had to chase it right up the line to find someone that knew. He apologised and said in 2 years he'd never seen it, it was all new to me too so I wasn't fussed and he was friendly enough.

Back
Top Bottom