Best PSU possible - 4x 12V rails if poss

Associate
Hi Guys,

I'm looking at a new PSU. I currently have an Enermax Noise Taker 600W and I feel that I need more stable power.

Budget isn't an issue on this one, can be either £80 - £200. I'm not fussed I just want the best for my PC.

I'm wanting 4x 12V rails with a good amount of amperage going through them but it has to be efficient. As in the range of about 85% efficacy at full load.

My system is in my sag so please let me know which is going to be best.

Many thanks,

Agent.

Associate
OP
Hi Guys,

thanks for all of your replies.

I'm just after a PSU which will be very stable and not have too much "wobble" when at load and hence resulting in a more stable clock.

My system does drain a lot of power so I'm really after a strong, reliable and highly efficient PSU.

Any suggestions?

Associate
OP
Smurfy said:
PCP&C Turbo-Cool 1KW is the best PSU i know of, fraid your looking at a bit more than 200 for it though, still you did say money is no object.

• 1000W continuous and 1100W peak power
• NVIDIA® SLI™ READY component
• +12VDC Rails Total 66A (70A Peak)
• Extended ATX form factor fits most std cases
• High-efficiency design (85%) with .99 PFC
• Amazingly quiet!!
• Dual PCI Express video power connectors
• 15 drive connectors (6 SATA, 8 Molex, 1 mini)
• The industry's strongest warranty (5 years)

unlikely with your rig youl be anywhere near 1000w so wont have the full 85% efficiency though.

Uses 3 +12 V rails, two with 16A and one with 36 A which is 66A but has 70A peak rating.

I knew it sounded too perfect! I can't find any one in the UK who sells then!!

Oh well. Looks like the hunt continues..

Agent.

Associate
OP
Mr Mister said:
there is a place in the uk but alas its a competitor and the psu is £350. If you are only using 1.4v on the cpu why do you need so much power??? I think those psu's are pretty damn noisey too.

UI'm wanting all that power for stability. I dont know why but of late i've become more and more worried about my CPU and how much its throwing out.

Yes I know I have a good PSU and yes it will probably last for years to come but I want to make sure that my system is going to last a while into the future with the PSU.

The idea of 4 12V rails does intreeg me a lot. I just souns sexeh tbh...

Agent.

Back
Top Bottom