Best RAM and PSU for Opty144

Associate
Hi,

I've decided to buy a DFI LanParty UT Ultra-D to run my opteron 144, and want to put 2 gig of ram in it, the machine will be overclocked :p , any suggestion on what RAM to use? I've been looking at the Geil PC3200 Dual Channel Kit (On the offer page :p ) I've got about a £130 limit, what should I plumb for? The PSU I had in mind was the Hiper 580W, is this good enough?

Any help will be apprieciated

Cheers

Soldato
the psu sounds like it will be more than enough, i have heard good things with the g-skills around here so should be a nice combo. hope it goes well.

Soldato
Hiper PSU is very good value for money, and the modular design on it is wonderful.

once you've gone modular you'll bever go back! ;)

i'd definately try and squeeze some extra cash in, and try and go for the G.Skill ZX (or HS if your budget doesn't stretch that far).

the GeIL ram is good stuff, and timings can be lowered with a fair amount of ease but it will need to run on a divider if you want to run it at a high bandwidth

Associate
OP
So, how does the ram work, the ZX is PC3200, but the HS is PC4000, how do I get a better overclock on the ZX rather than the HS?

Confused :confused:

Back
Top Bottom