Best Razer Mouse for FPSs?

Soldato
OP
Wow, I see people are very passionate about their mice! Excellent.

I’m actually using a Logitech (G403 I think) now and it’s fine but it only has one dpi switch, two is better for me, obviously for going up and down DPI. For all the Logitech and razer mice I have had, it’s just for casual gaming (albeit long sessions, I don’t play competitive anymore) they are virtually functionally the same for me. I find Logitech better value but Razer prettier – it’s that Logitech logo that lights up – it’s just so blocky and square and ugly, Razer look better to me. I prefer looks over economy, in general.

Good advice about whichever fits your hand best. Might actually try out the Basilisk this time, as that customisable Sniper Switch looks interesting and RocketJumpNinja says it works pretty well, I’ll give it a go.

Thanks for all the comments, Cheers.

Associate
I didnt look earlier to see but assumed the razer mice were still quite heavy. Just looking there the Basilisk is 107g and youll feel a little extra weight with the cable. The g403 is only 87g plus you can add the weight. I can tell you from my experience going from a lighter mouse to a heavier one isnt easy. Pro players never use anything heavier than 100g. The Basilisk has a little thumb rest with the slider foot thing under it and in my experience that never ever works out and makes the mouse worse to use, but like you say its just casual games so you might not be bothered though that would put me off right away.

I have both the wireless g403 and the wired g403. The wireless is the same weight as the Basilisk (which shows incredible engineering on logitechs part) I can definitely notice a massive difference going between the two mice in terms of weight. Logitech support is slow but very good when they eventually reply. They send out replacements via UPS from Holland.

Even looking at the deathadder "elite" its 105g which is ridiculous compared to any other gaming mouse (apart from roccat maybe). Anyway I hope the mouse works out for you if you go for it :)

Soldato
I'm in the market for a new mouse atm. But I've owned 2 Razors and they simply don't last very long. The right button always seem to stop working after a while.

The Corsair I'm using atm has lasted much longer, but now the scroll button is dying after 4 years. I just want something that lasts :/

Associate
The guy who won the Quake Champions Dreamhack tournament who is American, Dahang uses the Deathadder Elite.

Same sensor as the Deathadder Elite, someone using the Lancehead TE.

Didnt know that but actually seems to be a few pros/teams sponsored by razer when you go looking. Dont know if all of them use the mice or not though. The deathadder is very popular but the shape isnt good for me.

Associate
I'm in the market for a new mouse atm. But I've owned 2 Razors and they simply don't last very long. The right button always seem to stop working after a while.

The Corsair I'm using atm has lasted much longer, but now the scroll button is dying after 4 years. I just want something that lasts :/

You just gotta get anything other than razer, makes me sound like a hater but they just have such a bad name and ive had bad experience with them. Least if you used a mouse for 4 years and were happy with it you know what size/shape to get. Logitech are great and a bit under rated nowadays but they have more going for them imo.

Steelseries: poor weight distribution, plasticy feel.
Zowie: Buttons harder to click than any other mouse, fiddly to change polling rate/dpi, all sizes/shapes to tailor to you hand, great for competitive games.
Roccat: Heavy, silly software, sensors not as good? Very reliable mice.
Razer: Worst reputation of any peripheral company since they reformed after they went bust.
Logitech: Great software, reliable as sun in the sahara, best wireless mice ive used, great sensors, premium feel/quality, drivers optimize the mouse for the mouse mat you have (logi do the best cloth pad imo), odd sensor placement in some mice, odd feet placement on some mice.

It really looks to me out of the mice ive tried that logitech are a good bit ahead of anyone else. Probably Zowie are next. To me those are the only two id buy now. Corsair Ive never tried cos had bad experience with a keyboard, AIO cooler, headset (lol) :(

V F

V F

Soldato
You just gotta get anything other than razer, makes me sound like a hater but they just have such a bad name and ive had bad experience with them. Least if you used a mouse for 4 years and were happy with it you know what size/shape to get. Logitech are great and a bit under rated nowadays but they have more going for them imo.

Zowie: Buttons harder to click than any other mouse, fiddly to change polling rate/dpi, all sizes/shapes to tailor to you hand, great for competitive games.
Roccat: Heavy, silly software, sensors not as good? Very reliable mice.
Razer: Worst reputation of any peripheral company since they reformed after they went bust.
Logitech: Great software, reliable as sun in the sahara, best wireless mice ive used, great sensors, premium feel/quality, drivers optimize the mouse for the mouse mat you have (logi do the best cloth pad imo), odd sensor placement in some mice, odd feet placement on some mice.

It really looks to me out of the mice ive tried that logitech are a good bit ahead of anyone else. Probably Zowie are next. To me those are the only two id buy now. Corsair Ive never tried cos had bad experience with a keyboard, AIO cooler, headset (lol) :(

This is funny. All gaming mice are plastic. How else are you going to keep mice 90g and below? Can’t say I have issues with weight distribution with Steelseries since I’m using a Rival 310.

Personally I cannot complain about Razer since I’ve only owned two mice. They’ve never given me issues, or their software or tech support. Yes, I’ve read all the horror stories that are supposed to make you believe they’re so evil. I never experienced it.

Associate
I can barely pick up my 86g Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye. No point picking it up of course with that terrible PixArt 3361 sensor it has... :D

Anyone that doesn't consider the Kone as an option is a fool. The only issue is it might be a bit small for some hands.

Man of Honour

Steelseries in my opinion have the worst implementation of a sensor even when exact same sensor as other brands - I can often feel minor but annoying angle snapping and error smoothing, etc. going on even when that was fixed in the sensor before they even adopted it :(

Never had any issues with buttons in terms of hardness to click or reliability, etc. on any Zowie I've tried other than the middle mouse one tends to give out after 2-3 years of abuse (possibly fixed with newer models) but that isn't too bad going IMO. If you like to change DPI on the fly that is a big downside with Zowies but not an issue for me personally.

Associate
I can barely pick up my 86g Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye. No point picking it up of course with that terrible PixArt 3361 sensor it has... :D

Hey thanks for posting this, I got this mouse delivered today and must say it seems pretty good. The sensor does feel very good, its actually just a smaller kone xtd which is good cos I love that mouse though its a bit heavy for me even with the weight out. Early gripes about the kone pure is its a bit small (for me), silly logo lights up and ill have to install those awful drivers to get it off and the mouse could do with some of that nice grippy texture at the sides (imo). Otheriwse nice shape, sensor, buttons :)

Associate
This is funny. All gaming mice are plastic. How else are you going to keep mice 90g and below? Can’t say I have issues with weight distribution with Steelseries since I’m using a Rival 310.

Personally I cannot complain about Razer since I’ve only owned two mice. They’ve never given me issues, or their software or tech support. Yes, I’ve read all the horror stories that are supposed to make you believe they’re so evil. I never experienced it.

If you go from say your mouse to the sensei 310 you will notice a quite serious difference in weight distribution, also their older mice if i recall correctly were the same, very unbalanced. Also, they do feel more plasticy than any other mouse ive used for sure. Not that I care or anything I just wonder how they make such mistakes when theyve been at it for years. The rival is a terrible shape (for me) and I personally really dont like the build quality, actually on the surface a razer mouse appears to be of much higher quality than a steelseries mouse. Not hating on these companies I love the keys on steelseries keyboards and their plastic mousepads are great.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Do razer give you spare switches in the bag these days? I doubt not razer are poo cheap chinese made plastic poo that breaks. And christ sake boys SYNAPSE 24.7 always on bloatware lol now compare this to my asus with spare omrons and software you install once then disable.

Yup and the keyboards are poo too compared to a driver disabled cherrymx speed keyboard for gaming there is no reason to buy razer.

V F

V F

Soldato
Do razer give you spare switches in the bag these days? I doubt not razer are poo cheap chinese made plastic poo that breaks. And christ sake boys SYNAPSE 24.7 always on bloatware lol now compare this to my asus with spare omrons and software you install once then disable.

Yup and the keyboards are poo too compared to a driver disabled cherrymx speed keyboard for gaming there is no reason to buy razer.

You sound quite disgruntled in a ranting way to be honest.

Permabanned
You sound quite disgruntled in a ranting way to be honest.

Haha nah i stopped i just dislike the kind of company that does all of the above and preys on the stupid. Though i guess i come off as a hater i personally have no brand loyalty.

If they made a good product i would but this is the cheap parts from china. Omron are Japanese. :D

Associate
Gonna ditch the Roccat owl eye mouse. After some hours of use its got its fair share of problems and zowie is a much better option for a small and light mouse.

Soldato
Gonna ditch the Roccat owl eye mouse. After some hours of use its got its fair share of problems and zowie is a much better option for a small and light mouse.

What problems have you found with it? I'm in the market for a new mouse and the Owl Eye is top of my list at the moment.

Associate
What problems have you found with it? I'm in the market for a new mouse and the Owl Eye is top of my list at the moment.

Its very small for the shape that it is. It has an ergonomic shape, but for it to be ergonomic for your hand you would need to have child size hands. The zowie mice are still very small and (for me) are a better shape and they are ambidextrous. If you arent comfortable with the shape of a mouse then youre doomed pretty much. BUT theres another thing that drove me bonkers... the mouse wheel is ridiculously easy to push in and I found myself pushing it in while scrolling up and down on web pages leaving me with that little circle thing that you get on the screen when you press in middle mouse. For me I have middle mouse bound to change firing mode in pubg and weapons 1 and 2 on mouse wheel up and down and I found myself changing firing mode randomly and was very annoying. Of course I could just rebind those buttons to get around that problem.

Comparing the owl eye to other mice is odd. I think its because the roccat mouse is shorter than any other mouse i have. Even it seems that 6mm is a big difference (for me) in length..
The ZA12 is the same height and has similar dimensions and and weight but it feels much better in my hand than the roccat
The G403 is a waaaay better shape, higher at the back and is 1g lighter.
The Sensei feels better than the roccat too but its slightly heavier (4grams) but otherwise has the same width and height.

Even though some mice are ambidextrous I still find they are better feeling in the hand than the roccat owl eye. And yet the g403 is both ergonomic and lighter and feels so much better than the owl eye.

My hand is about 18.5cm long btw.

Back
Top Bottom