Best replacment case?

Associate
Aftrnoon all,

Bit of a noob question, i currently have a HP OMEN 30L GT13-0080NA with the following specs

Intel Core i9-10900K (10 Core), 3.7 GHz (5.3 GHz Max Turbo)
32 GB (4 x 8 GB), DDR 4, 3200 MHz
1 TB Solid State Drive (M.2 SSD) + 2 TB Serial ATA (SATA)
24GB NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3090
750W PSU

Everything runs fine but im wondering if its worth me changing cases as the heat it kicks out is insane when gaming ( mainly msf2020 ) and if anyone has any suggestions on what case? I can budge upto £350-300 if required i just feel this cases airflow is terrible. I do plan on upgrading to a 4090 by the end of the year as im slowly building a home cockpit that already has 3 more displays attached even tho oddly have noticed no huge drop in FPS yet im sure i will as i build it out

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions

David

Soldato
hi, I like THIS case, presuming you have an ATX motherboard, though it can take smaller motherboards too! larger 600wPSU should you upgade your gpu sometime
it has x4 installed fans

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Have you checked if the motherboard is a standard format?

If you haven't, you need to check the PSU can be moved to another case and that the LEDs and front panel connectors are standardised, so that they'll fit with the new case. There are workarounds for most of these problems, but I don't know if you want to deal with that.

If you want airflow, maybe look at Fractal's Torrent:

Lian Li 216 is a more affordable option:

Associate
Does your computer have an AIO water cooler or air cooling?

You should also note that sometimes OEM have the cooler mounting holes moulded into the case itself. Dell does that a lot.

Soldato
Quite a few videos on case swapping a HP Omen.

Motherboard looks to be MATX and PSU looks to be a standard ATX.

Will put this video here as it looks to be closest to the OP's and also shows how to remove and replace the AIO if needed.

Associate
OP
Are you having issues with temperatures/throttling? You're still going to get the same amount of heat dumped into the room regardless.

Thanks for the replys everyone! Im not in terms of temps but the noise it makes is insane to keep it running cool, i have the Arctis Nova Pro and even with the noise cancelling doing a good job its easily heard
Have you checked if the motherboard is a standard format?

If you haven't, you need to check the PSU can be moved to another case and that the LEDs and front panel connectors are standardised, so that they'll fit with the new case. There are workarounds for most of these problems, but I don't know if you want to deal with that.

If you want airflow, maybe look at Fractal's Torrent:

Lian Li 216 is a more affordable option:

Thanks seems i will need another motherboard also if i do want to go for another case as i guess its custom. Thanks for the youtube links will watch them shortly
Quite a few videos on case swapping a HP Omen.

Motherboard looks to be MATX and PSU looks to be a standard ATX.

Will put this video here as it looks to be closest to the OP's and also shows how to remove and replace the AIO if needed.

Thanks will give it a watch. I have a 750W PSU so think i would need maybe 1000w anyway for a 4090 right?

Again thanks all for the replies really helps work it all out

Man of Honour
Thanks seems i will need another motherboard also if i do want to go for another case as i guess its custom.
It is definitely worth checking first (and have a watch of the videos freddie linked) because it might not be custom. I have a feeling that when HP launched their gaming PCs that they originally marketed them as fully upgradeable with standard parts, but I don't know if that policy continued or not.

Associate
OP
It is definitely worth checking first (and have a watch of the videos freddie linked) because it might not be custom. I have a feeling that when HP launched their gaming PCs that they originally marketed them as fully upgradeable with standard parts, but I don't know if that policy continued or not.

Thanks turns out it is not cutom so can just be switched out. I may just upgrade the case, PSU, fans and maybe motherboard so its all ready for a 4090

Thanks everyone for the amazing help, links and info!

Back
Top Bottom