Best route from Essex to Hampshire over Easter Weekend

Associate
Need to be in Winchester on Sunday evening coming down from south Essex. What's the best route given there's often quite a fair bit of traffic on the M25?

I need to be in winchester by around 7pm, thinking of travelling via London.

Either using the A12, the most direct route, or the A13, then through the Blackwall Tunnel, down onto the A2 and then M25 to potentially cut out any traffic around the dartford crossing.

Or is it better to go further south/southwest, take the A3, A31?

Usually for me it would be A12, M25 North, then M3.

Looking for the route which avoids sitting in the most traffic.

Associate
OP
A13/12/127 to M25 round to A3 and then drive down is the most sensible option and will always be quicker than coming off at the M23 or Leatherhead and going through those routes.
Yes the A3 junction is ruined at the moment, but as for someone who has drove from Southend to Godalming 3 days this week to arrive for 9am, its not as bad as everyone is saying.

Also, dont bother with the blackwall tunnel unless you literally have a spare 2 hours to waste and wish to utilise them sat in traffic.
I'm actually having to go via guildford now so I'll have to go down the a3 anyway, then shoot across the a31.

take it even with the works its quicker to go via wisley rather than get on the a3 in southwest london?

Back
Top Bottom