Best router for VM £100-£150

Soldato
I'd like to buy a router for my Virgin Media broadband (350mb package I think) since the VM Superhub is utter garbage. It's for a smallish house with maybe a dozen or so devices so I dont think I need anything super fancy, just a strong and reliable signal.

I've done a little research and seen two Asus models being recommended - the RT-AC86U for £135 and the RT-AX58U for £160.

Any recommendations or advice would be great. Thanks.

Soldato
OP
@Avalon @777GE90

Basically the signal isn't great and often when gaming simply refreshing the server browser list will kill my internet and I need to reboot the superhub. I'm obviously no expert but it seems like the superhub cant cope with pinging a whole bunch of servers. A neighbour has suffered the same problems and they bought a 3rd party router (a TP-link of some sort I think) to use with their superhub in modem mode and basically all their issues went away.

I appreciate your thoughts regarding Asus but many of their routers seems to get very positive reviews.

Soldato
OP
@Avalon
To clarify, my desktop is wired and the superhub crashing when refreshing server browser lists is the main problem I have. Other members of the household are the ones complaining about the terrible wifi.

I'm also not beholden to Asus either as i've only ever owned one Asus product (my current motherboard), I only mentioned the two Asus routers in my OP because they were in my price range and were reviewed well.

Back
Top Bottom