Best / Safest self hosted solution for sharing pics to forums.

Associate
So I was sharing my pics here and other places via Photobucket.

As they have stopped that without a paid account and since I have a hosting plan with a chunk of space and multiple 'sites' I was wondering what the best and safest solution would be to store images for posting to various forums etc.

Any suggestions for a good direction or warnings of what not to do ?.

Thanks

Pho

Pho

Soldato
Rather than messing around with your own hosting create an account on http://imgur.com - it's free and great. You don't actually need an account but it lets you put photos into albums and more easily delete them etc.

Soldato
The problem with free image hosting is that is it usually rubbish. Sites like photobucket and the like. Some bandwidth limitations too. Then there's the fact that you never know how long it's going to be around. Nothing worse that visiting a thread only to find that the images are no longer available anymore.

Still, that being said imgur seems to be the go to one nowadays.

If you really want to host your own, you could look into an Asset Management System, but I've not found any that will spit out BBCode and resize on the fly. Google Picasa was good for that, unfortunately that turned into Google Photos, which is abysmal for sharing online.

Back
Top Bottom