• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Best Sub 1k Graphics Card?

Associate
Currently looking to upgrade the Radeon RX480 and looking for something substantial this time round and would like to stick with Nvidia, possibly the 2080 Super series.
I appreciate the 3000 series is just around the corner (Nov?) but now is the time for me to upgrade.

System is predominantly a gaming machine hooked up to 2x 32" Samsung 144mhz 1080p screens.

I dont have a water cooled system per say, just the CPU attached to a roof mounted reservoir.

Any thoughts or suggestions on the best card to consider?
Im also considering a new power supply to go along with this. Currently have a Corsair 650W but its around 8 years old and has had issues in the past.

Associate
OP
Currently gaming at 1080p although that may change towards the end of the year. 4K gaming currently not essential.

System info:

FR06SOV.png

Games currently playing CoD Warzone, Fortnite and Doom.

Associate
OP
cancel that order, you've been riped off
The graphics card has come courtesy of the tax man, so I dont feel too bad throwing a bit more at the higher end 2070S series.
Appreciate money can be better spent in other areas. PSU was £120 including delivery which was ok....

Associate
OP
There's literally 2080S, decent models, available for £600-650 if you look around.

Spending £170 + more on one 2070S over another 2070S where the performance difference will be a couple of percent if there's any at all is not a 'bit more' tbh.

It's your money, but you've spent more for less.

struggling to find a 2080S anywhere around the 650 mark in stock anywhere. Are you referring to the Palit Gamerock?

Right order cancelled... I want a 2080S and will upgrade mobo/CPU later in the year ;)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
There's only six left in stock for the EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Super XC btw.

I'm sure you'll find it if you look, can't really leave hints unfortunately but it is a pretty major international company that sells all sorts of stuff.

Yep I see:

81SkTSpzRGL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom