Best time/way to buy Virgin Atlantic tickets

Soldato
Son travelled to the US in August with a return date of December, we paid £1392 for Premium seats and 1 stop (LHR > Atlanta > BHM and return). He needs to go back out in Jan 25 - May 25, but prices are £2k for same route and specs.

He is a student, but any discount code we use doesn't seem to work on the Virgin site.

Is there a best way or best time to buy tickets?

Last edited:
Have you tried using skyscanner.net to see what other carriers are offering?

You might also find playing with the Outbound and return dates by a few days can have pretty wild effects on the prices.

How flexible are the dates? I just picked a couple at random (8 Jan - 14 May) and can see tickets for £1,255.

Also why specifically Virgin? There's lots of other options on that route.

Are you using Google Flights to check prices?

Am using Skyscanner.

Dates are not very flexible. Uni starts back 6 Jan 25, so was hoping to get him there that weekend. He could go a few days earlier.

Coming back, he finishes 2 May 25, so wanted to give him the Saturday to pack and fly the Sunday. I would need to check if he can come back a little later, but i would be worried he may end up with accommodation or hotel charges if Uni accom is not available.

Out 3rd Jan back 5th May is about £713 to £750 (air France/Delta, virgin or KLM) so I guess it comes down to the balance of costs between the flight and alternative accommodation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom