Best unlocking website? (network can’t do it)

Soldato
I bought a iPhone 11 Pro from the members market which is locked to EE. Turns out it was a business contract, so EE are unable to unlock it as it hasn’t got an active account against it or something.

They’ve advised a phone shop can unlock it. I see there are a bunch of different websites, with different prices ranging from £19.99 to £230! Has anyone used one before and can recommend?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Watching! Always wondered how this would go, since I had to return a samsung a few years back.

Eventually replaced it with an asian-model S10+ when my poco wore out.

worked fine. Got unlocked yesterday so three working days. I checked it myself with a SIM card but the seller emailed me today to confirm it had been done.

wouldn’t consider not using them!

Associate
worked fine. Got unlocked yesterday so three working days. I checked it myself with a SIM card but the seller emailed me today to confirm it had been done.

wouldn’t consider not using them!
Can you post (if not against rules) or PM seller name?

I love ebay - got a years spotify 'membership' for a fiver, has worked great for 10 months!

Associate
Sorry, I should have before!

I used fonestop-uk (their bad spelling, not mine!)

Do you think this would work even if you dont meet the usual criteria?

So for example it seems on EE your device has to be older than 6 months AND you need to have an accout with them (ie you are the original owner, not purchased it via a 3rd party company like CEX). And with Vodafone it says the same... 'Unfortunately, we can't unlock your device if you didn't buy it directly from us, for example, from Carphone Warehouse.'

Do you think the ebay unlock codes work regardless of the above stuff?

Soldato
OP
Do you think this would work even if you dont meet the usual criteria?

So for example it seems on EE your device has to be older than 6 months AND you need to have an accout with them (ie you are the original owner, not purchased it via a 3rd party company like CEX). And with Vodafone it says the same... 'Unfortunately, we can't unlock your device if you didn't buy it directly from us, for example, from Carphone Warehouse.'

Do you think the ebay unlock codes work regardless of the above stuff?

I wasn’t the original owner, and according to EE there wasn’t an account with them albeit it was locked to them (it was a business phone which caused the issue, I bought on the members market).

But honestly I have no idea if it would or not, may be worth emailing an eBay seller?

Associate
Hello. Sorry for off-topic .. I just don't know where to ask more. Is it possible to somehow find out the contract by phone At & t is paid or not? Imei is famous

Back
Top Bottom