• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Best upgrade for £300?

Soldato
Depending on the games are setting, I would think the 3570k is getting its end of life.

I know it's overclocked but more and more games want cores instead of faster single cores. I don't see the 3570k lasting 3more years... Depending on the games you play

You could drop and i7 or exin in and extend its life a little..

Definitely depends on the games you play. I don't play very demanding games, still mainly quake live, quake champs, planetside 2, apex legends etc I never really get around to playing AAA games until years after they're released.

I may upgrade to the next zen chips if they can match 8700/9700k IPC levels. Or as you say drop in a i7 for a few more years, what would be a good cheapish upgrade ? 6700K ? seen a few of those. editnvm , seen 6700K needs ddr4.

Permabanned
For an cheap upgrade I would be looking at ryzen. But a newer chipset board and your can drop a 3000 chip in latter

If you want a very cheap upgrade, 2600k or even a xeon like a 1275

Back
Top Bottom